Editorial disclosure: All reviews are prepared by hfyhpf120.com staff. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer and have not been reviewed or approved by any advertiser. The information, including card rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Check the data at the top of this page and the bank's website for the most current information.
Comparing Credit One Bank Credit Card Offers
Updated: December 28, 2020
Credit One Bank is a major leader in the credit card industry with humble beginnings that has expanded quickly into a national ity. For 35 years, Credit One has provided consumers, primarily within the fair to good credit range, with a well-rounded credit card spectrum that offers cash back rewards for everyday purchases.
Here, we delve into Credit One Bank and what their cards can offer you:
- Credit One’s More Rewards Program, which is a credit building, financial education and credit basics. Credit One offers advice such as “5 Ways to Help Pay Down Debt” and “How to Improve Your Credit Score- 5 Quick Methods”, perfect for continuing or starting your credit-building journey.
Which Credit One card is best for you?
While other high-end credit cards may have flashier benefits and rewards structures, Credit One offers a better than average rewards structure for those with less than stellar credit. Here is who can benefit from Credit One products:
If you have thin or bad credit, The Credit One Bank® Visa® for Rebuilding Credit or the Credit One Bank American Express® Card can empower you to make wise credit and spending decisions. Both cards offer decent rewards structures and tools to help you manage your credit, but the annual fee for the Credit One Bank® Visa® for Rebuilding Credit is based on creditworthiness, while the Credit One Bank American Express® has a flat $39 annual fee.
The rewards seeker
The Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards card could be an ideal choice for the everyday shopper seeking to rack up the rewards. With a low annual fee and unlimited cash back earning potential, this card can offer you the tools you need to get some cash back rewards in the bank.
If you’re in the good to excellent credit range and looking to maximize your potential rewards earnings, the Credit One Bank® Platinum Rewards Visa with No Annual Fee is a good choice. Complete with a slightly higher rewards structure than the Visa® Cash Back, you won’t have to worry about an annual fee cutting into your cash back.
Comparing two Credit One Visa® cards…
|Features||Platinum Rewards Visa||Visa® Cash Back Rewards|
|Rewards||Rewards 5% cash back on gas, groceries, cellphone services, internet, and cable or satellite TV service purchases (on first $5,000 in spending, then 1% on all other purchases) Terms apply.||1% cash back rewards on eligible gas and grocery purchases as well as mobile phone, internet, cable and satellite TV services. Terms apply.|
|Spend||$500 a mth/12 mths||$500 a mth/12 mths|
|Required credit||Fair, good||Fair, good|
|Total end of year?||$260-$95=$165||$60-$39=$21|
What are the benefits of having a Credit One card?
There are many credit-building features and benefits that come with having a Credit One credit card. When used responsibly, a Credit One card could be the tool you need to strengthen your credit health and stay on track. Here’s what this bank issuer offers:
- Free credit score – You’ll gain online access to your Experian credit score and a monthly summary of your credit report.
- Customizable account notifications – Tailor your notifications to help you stay on top of what’s important, such as when your payment is due and notices about account activity.
- Higher credit lines – Based on your overall account activity you can receive automatic reviews for increased credit lines.
- Zero fraud liability – This protects your account against unized transactions.
- Counterfeit protection – EMV chip technology will protect your finances from counterfeit activity.
- Added peace of mind – Find security with Credit One’s Optimal Credit Protection (terms apply).
- Credit One bank mobile app – Manage your account, pay your bills, check your balance and more.
- Phone payments – Make secure payments on your mobile device with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
Laura is an editor and writer at hfyhpf120.com. She has written extensively on all things credit cards and works to bring you the most up-to-date analysis and advice. Laura’s work has been cited in such publications as the New York Times and Associated Press. You can reach her by e-mail at @creditcards_lm.